Welcome

Welcome to the place where nothing is off limits! Sometimes it is hard to hear your voice in our society. This is a place where all I care about is your voice. I am a black working woman. But I know that sometimes people put you in a box. You are not just a wife, mother, nurse, sister, daughter. You are all those things and more. And sometimes you can't tell your husband how you feel about something, or maybe he just won't understand. Men maybe you feel like no one can know how hard it is to be a man in this day and time. Tell me why, I want us all to try to understand each other. Corey doesn't judge. I only want to talk. This is my safe place and I would love it to be yours as well. We will talk about everything from politics to sexual health. Let your voices be heard! Welcome.

Corey

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What you won't do


While having a completly fab weekend with my husband and some old friends in Miami, while at dinner we had a conversation. We were talking about that Destiny's Child song Cater to you. I noted how I didn't like it because to me it implied that I have to keep my body up for a man. Not that I don't go to the gym three times a week as it is. But I do it for myself. I like the way I look now that ever before in my life and I want to keep it that way. But my friend stated that the part of the song that says "just tap me and I will roll over". Being someone who loves her sleep I have a problem with that too. I work alot and although I love my husband very much sometimes I am just to tired. And another girl at the table noted that she is gonna roll over because if she doesn't then some other woman may. But I see it this way, being with a man is not going to be at the expense of my self respect. I am not just gonna blindly turn over even if I am sleep or not in the mood for fear that you will leave me. I have to have more respect for myself and my relationship than that. I have to know that when my husband wants to make love he wants me to make love with him as well. He respects that I have to sleep to be effective and save lives at work. He respects me as a person and not just some plaything that can have his way with me just because he "tapped my shoulder". I don't know if you agree or not just my point of view.
Till next time XOXOXOXO
Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment

issueswithcorey