Welcome

Welcome to the place where nothing is off limits! Sometimes it is hard to hear your voice in our society. This is a place where all I care about is your voice. I am a black working woman. But I know that sometimes people put you in a box. You are not just a wife, mother, nurse, sister, daughter. You are all those things and more. And sometimes you can't tell your husband how you feel about something, or maybe he just won't understand. Men maybe you feel like no one can know how hard it is to be a man in this day and time. Tell me why, I want us all to try to understand each other. Corey doesn't judge. I only want to talk. This is my safe place and I would love it to be yours as well. We will talk about everything from politics to sexual health. Let your voices be heard! Welcome.

Corey

Monday, June 6, 2011

What it takes to be a man in the eyes of a black women or any women for that matter.

Hello all,
I know it has been a while, longer than I had planned in fact, but as always I have something to say. I know what you are thinking, another rave about how we must improve as a people. This is more than that. We just had Mothers Day and as Fathers Day is quickly approaching, I thought I would tell you what it takes to be a man from the eyes of a women.
First it is no longer just enough to fix a chair or kill a bug. And I personnally could care less how much money you make. I know some women do care but that is not where I am. The number one thing that is important to me, a busy black women on the move is being a good father.
I think that is no longer good enough to say "yeah that is my child" although for some dead beats that would sure be A welcome change. A real man helps his child with his homework, teaches him how to ride a bike, uses his last dime to make sure his child has lunch money. I am saying this because I have experienced both a dead beat who would rather pretend that his child didn't exsist. So much in fact that I doubt he told his new wife about his son. I have also encountered some awesome men who have raised children with love and caring as if they were their own, and they are. If it were not for these real men sent from heaven where would little children get the image of a daddy? Who would be their positive male role model? As we get closer to Fathers Day ask the men in your life do you deserve a Fathers Day, or do you have some things to work on. And by the way you can't use the excuse that you didn't have a good male role model because my husband didn't have a great role model but he is one of the best dads I have ever seen. Have a great June all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

issueswithcorey