Welcome

Welcome to the place where nothing is off limits! Sometimes it is hard to hear your voice in our society. This is a place where all I care about is your voice. I am a black working woman. But I know that sometimes people put you in a box. You are not just a wife, mother, nurse, sister, daughter. You are all those things and more. And sometimes you can't tell your husband how you feel about something, or maybe he just won't understand. Men maybe you feel like no one can know how hard it is to be a man in this day and time. Tell me why, I want us all to try to understand each other. Corey doesn't judge. I only want to talk. This is my safe place and I would love it to be yours as well. We will talk about everything from politics to sexual health. Let your voices be heard! Welcome.

Corey

Friday, December 23, 2011

The boy in the bag issue!!!!

Hello All,

I recently read an article were a school in Loiusville, Ky thought it was ok to put one of their nine year old autisic children in a duffle bag. Now I read the article on Yahoo.com after being linked to it after my sister read it and shared it with me. I am a mother of a six year old high functioning autisic boy myself, but found it disturbing on many levels not just that one.
The link to the article on Yahoo new is http://news.yahoo.com/school-accused-putting-autistic-student-bag-182229844.html


The school states that the reason why they put the little boy in this bag is that he was all over the place, so they put him into this so called therapy bag! They try to back up their story by saying that they also had to call the parents of the child. My question to the school is why put the child in the bag? Why not have the child wait in the office until the parent arrived if they were already on the way? The mother stated that she walked up and her son was in this bag with his head peaking out the top saying "momma is that you?". The school even goes as far as to say that this was not even the first time the boy had been in the bag. So why didn't they call the parents the other times as well? There is a girl that writes a blog and she has no knowledge of my blog what so ever. But she is a 18 year old autisic girl who set up a petition that I am going to encourage everyone to go to. The website is called change.org and her name is Lydia Brown and she is a Georgetown University student in Boston.

I am going to put out there that this whole mess puts the worst taste in Miss Corey's mouth! They are sure lucky that it was not my son. Which brings to mind another question I have, since the article clearly states that the child was in special education and he had special needs. I know he had an IEP, it is part of no child left behind. So I know that put a child in a bag isn't part of an IEP is it. You know what, I am about to go sign that petition right now!


xoxoxoxo
Corey




Site:
SCHREINER,B(Dec.22,2011)School accused of putting autistic student in bag
YahooNews@Yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

issueswithcorey