Welcome

Welcome to the place where nothing is off limits! Sometimes it is hard to hear your voice in our society. This is a place where all I care about is your voice. I am a black working woman. But I know that sometimes people put you in a box. You are not just a wife, mother, nurse, sister, daughter. You are all those things and more. And sometimes you can't tell your husband how you feel about something, or maybe he just won't understand. Men maybe you feel like no one can know how hard it is to be a man in this day and time. Tell me why, I want us all to try to understand each other. Corey doesn't judge. I only want to talk. This is my safe place and I would love it to be yours as well. We will talk about everything from politics to sexual health. Let your voices be heard! Welcome.

Corey

Monday, May 3, 2010

Step it up

Hello everyone!
I was standing outside my apartment building yesterday playing with my son, and I overheard some of my people(you know who you are) saying how the system failed them once again. Once my soon to be husband got in the house I ask him what did he mean by that? He replied that the young man had lost his job. And was having a hard time finding another one in this area. I was also on a certain social networking site that shall remain nameless, and I noticed a pattern of young black men also stating that they were having problems finding work. I asked one of them what kind of education they had recieved and they said I have my high school diploma. The way he said it was as if that was all that was required of him. There was no ambition to have more education, or even have a career. All he aspired to have is a job. He felt like he was owed a job. Now I am here to tell you my fellow young people no one in this world owes you one penny. I don't know if you been under a rock, but money is hard to come by right now. I don't know if you thought that President Obama was going to be elected President and money was just going to fall out of the sky. Although he is making great progress, it is still on you to make your dreams come true. You can't blame it on the MAN that you don't have the education to start a career. Go to school. There are many choices now. There is no excuse. I am going to go so far as to say there is not any need for affirmative action at this time in American history. Yes, it had it's time and place. But now there are so many opportunites out there now that there is really no excuse. Some of my black men what to sit here and act like niggas, that is right I said it. But all you are doing is pulling yourselves down. Now I know that I said Corey doesn't judge. And I still don't. I just want you to want more from yourself. If you thought that high school diploma felt good, just wait until you feel the air of accomplishment you feel with a college degree. I am working on another one myself. We have to be better than how we are portrayed on the Wire. Try to be better than you ever thought that you could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

issueswithcorey